Sage Smudge Stick
Sage Smudge Stick
Please choose USPS STANDARD SHIPPING (NO COLD PACK) AT CHECKOUT
The tradition of smudging stretches back thousands of years used in rituals and daily practice by Native American and Middle Eastern Cultures. It has been embraced by Western religions and domestic practices in recent history and is experience a renaissance in our current pop culture.
There has been a reason the practice of smudging, or cleansing with smoke, has seen a resurgence in modern day practices: there is proven science behind the ritual.
According to numerous studies done in the last 15 years there is evidence that using sage and other herbs to smudge a room can not only kill harmful bacteria and keep that bacteria from returning, but it can also protect the skin and lungs from outside, environmental elements. Smudging is a simple practice that you can do in the comfort of your own home to increase your comfort and health (and it smells good, too!).
A few reminders:
1) Never leave a smudge stick burning unattended.
2) Always leave a lit smudge stick on a surface that will not burn (stone, rock, ceramic, granite). Never leave a smudge stick on wood or cloth.
3) Never inhale the smoke directly. Always use your hand to waft smoke towards your face or walk through smoke that has already dissipated into the air.
4) If smoke becomes overpowering, crack a window or turn on a fan and move into a different room.
5) Before you light your smudge stick, always set aside a place to set it down first in case you need to do so quickly.
6) Always make sure your smudge stick is stubbed out completely when you are finished with it.
7) Do not get your smudge stick wet.
8) If you wish you can untie your stick, crumple the dried leaves into a fire-proof rock or granite dish and burn. Do not attempt near wind.
Smudge Stick Currently Available:
Sage and Apricot Geranium
Lavender and Sage
Sage and Rosemary and Lavender
ALL STICKS ARE ORGANICALLY GROWN AT PATCH OF SKY FARM IN GUILFORD, VERMONT.